From:
Ricardo Miguel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 22:46:18 +0200

Hi

I am Nikki's Dad. Nikki is 6 years old and was "diagnosed" through
illimination diets as gluten intolerant 4 months ago. As such we are in
the discovery stages of her condition. Reading through the e-mail I see
quiet a few references to problems with detergents. So far it appears
that Nikki is not showing any signs of problems with these types of
products. How can they affect her and through what mechanics. We would
also appreciate any other advice the list members might have for us on
this as well as any aspects of the condition. Can minute traces of
gluten be a problem. We are finding that in South Africa most people are
ignorant of the condition and it is difficult finding help. Most of what
we have found out has been from publications at the local library and we
have now exhausted that reference source.

Thank you
Ricardo Miguel
Vanderbijlpark
South Africa