From:
Jane Devereux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 09:15:10 -0400

Hello everyone!

I'm VERY excited to be heading off to Rome, Italy, for about 8 days in
June.  The last time I was there (studying as an undergrad), was pre
wheat/gluten-free days.  So, I know the city well, but have NO ideas
regarding friendly food shops & dining establishments. We will be
staying in Vatican City, but will be wandering all over-Trastevere,
Testaccio, Centro Storico, etc.

I do plan on eating a lot of simple meals of my own making-fresh fruits,
veggies, cheeses, & meats bought separately & assembled-but would love to
find a restaurant or two where I might be able to totally relax.
BTW-if it makes a difference-my biopsy turned up negative for Celiac (the
Dr. is a respected Celiac expert), so I was diagnosed w/a "wheat
intolerance".  I do try to remain GF, but, @ the very least, am religious
about being wheat-free.

I will summarize.

Thanks!