From:
"Connie M. Pearce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 1997 17:01:00 +0100

Forwarded from Kozy Shack:

------------------------------------
Thank you for your interest in Kozy Shack Pudding.  Please excuse the delay
in responding.  We receive a considerable volume of correspondence from our
consumers.

We are pleased to report that our puddings, which include Rice, Tapioca,
Vanilla, Chocolate and Banana, as well as our Flan with Creme Caramel are
all products that can be enjoyed by Celiac sufferers.

KOZY SHACK uses only all-natural ingredients, wherever possible, and tapioca
starch and carrageenan (kelp based) are the only thickeners.  Please note
that our rice pudding only uses the starch present in the rice kernels to
congeal the product.

Our vanilla extract uses oleoresin #111387, rather than grain alcohol in the
extractions process, so it does not contribute to the gliadin problem.

In addition to the listed ingredients, our Flan is colored and flavored with
caramelized cane or beet sugar, plus a trace amount of vegetable gums
(Zanthan or Arabic/Acacia).

KOZY SHACK products are available at the following grocery store chains in
the state of California:  Albertsons, Certified Grocers, Food-4-Less,
Hughes, Lucky, Raley's, Ralphs, Savemart, Smart & Final, Super K-Mart,
Trader-Joe's and Von's.  Nationally,, you can find our products in Wal-mart
Supercenters, Costco, Sam's Club, and BJ's Wholesale Club (located on the
East Coast.)

We hope this helps you and your fellow Celiacs, and would like to know the
address of your group's Web Site.

We have entered you into our mailing list, and we thank you for your
continued patronage of our all natural (and gluten-free) products.

Sincerely,
Jennifer Kravitz
Consumer Relations

I have no financial interest in this company, except their puddings are
great.

Keep a positive thought,
Connie
Ukiah, Ca.