From:
Carla Logan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carla Logan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:02:03 -0600

Hi there,
Just wanted to report back on how our visit to Disney went.  Just as
everyone said, it was a delightful place to visit.  I have never experienced
so many people who understood exactly what our food requirements were as the
chefs and food managers did at Disney.  We had great advice and they all
worked hard to help us make safe decisions.  Our dinner in Mexico was
wonderful at Epcot, and the chef there was very knowledgeable as well.  In
the future, as many had said, we will be better prepared to make
reservations at key restaurants along the way but we still had a successful
week with no accidentally ingestions of gluten at any time.

I have to tell you that if anyone stays at the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando,
the chefs in The Kitchen are superb as well.  We had some of the most
glorious desserts there that they prepared especially for me and my son,
without us even asking them to.  The Executive Chef's name is Evan Percoco
and he was wonderful in taking care of us, as was Chef Chip (sorry, didn't
get a last name).  Just wanted to let people know that they will go out of
their way at this hotel to provide you with safe meals.  The waitstaff,
especially Mary Beth, were wonderful in making sure my son had a great time
at his meal plus had yummy food to eat.  They all seemed very knowledgeable
about it all, which was unexpected for us.  We also went to the Universal
Parks and they were very accommodating to us in helping us see ingredient
lists, etc...never ate at a full service restaurant there...only fast food,
but they were as helpful as they could be.

Thanks to all of you who gave us advice...the turkey legs and izakadoozies
were a hit with my son as was the popcorn.  Nice to feel safe for a change!