From:
Redcat Adler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Redcat Adler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:22:39 -0500

Hey all

I had food intolerance testing 2 years ago and it showed I was reactive to
a host of things. I have heard mixed things about food intolerance testing,
and I never really followed the list of items I was supposed to avoid as it
listed things like mango, garlic, spinach....squash, tomatoes...and I was a
20 year vegetarian until a month ago,...so I did not avoid some of the
things they said.

Do you believe these tests are accurate enough? Has anyone had good/bad
experience with the results? I showed a moderate to high reaction for wheat
and rye and gluten....and barley, oats..etc.

It also showed tuna and lobster and mango and red pepper as some of my most
reactive foods. Go figure. I am debating taking another round of tests..but
very hesitant as I am BROKE and unsure how valid I believe the results are.
I am so sick with so many illness's, and so many food react negatively in
my system. Going GF did not solve my issues(well I am 2 months into it) and
I am also pretty much dairy free and use little soy. Would you think the
food intolerance test and chemical test (I am highly sensitive to these
too) would be a good idea?

Which test is the best? I took the ALCAT years ago, and am considering York
labs and a lab in Sterling Virginia for ELISA/ACT test. I need to get well.
My biggest issues is a severe and disabling balance and vertigo disorder
which has left me so sick I feel like sh** 24 hours a day for the past 5
years. I can hardly walk or  stand...but fair better when lying down or
propped into a corner. Had 2,000 docs and tests...so I am not really
looking for suggestions for docs...been there, done that. Could food be the
culprit? No I am not deficient in b12 or anything else...believe it or not.

Sorry this was so long, but i am sooooooooooooooo desperate. Has anyone
been to an environmental illness physycian?

Redcat
Sick in Baltimore