From:
Mary Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2014 12:22:12 -0400

Gluten-free diets can cure chronic disease
The gluten-free diet is enjoying its moment, and for good reason: It's
helped millions to overcome serious and chronic health problems.

And that's exactly why it's now coming under attack.

Everyone from the Wall Street Journal to the New York Times has launched
attacks on this healthy diet. Time magazine went even further, with a
headline reading, "Eat More Gluten: The Diet Fad Must Die."

You have to wonder who they're protecting -- their readers, or their
advertisers.

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on the latter -- because those
advertisers include the big food companies, which want you to eat processed
junk, and the drug industry, which wants you to continue to need medication
to combat chronic health problems.

Now that the gluten-free diet has gone mainstream in a big way, both of them
have been losing money as people switch away from processed foods and find
themselves getting so healthy that they no longer need many meds.

So bear that in mind when Time magazine writes, "a whole lot of (the
gluten-free diet) is flat-out hooey, a result of trendiness, smart
marketing, Internet gossip and too many people who know too little about
nutrition saying too many silly things."

Amazingly, Time eventually admits that some 20 million Americans could
benefit from going gluten-free, which shows it's anything but "flat-out
hooey." That's more than the entire population of the state of New York --
and I've seen other estimates run even higher.

One study found that between 90 million to 150 million Americans are
battling some form of gluten sensitivity.

Many suffer the classic signs such as stomach problems, including chronic
inflammation, pain, gas, digestive issues, acid reflux and GERD.

But millions of others are suffering from conditions they'd never think to
blame on diet, including chronic pain (especially joint pain), mood
disorders, fatigue, memory loss, hormonal issues and more.

So if you're suffering from a chronic health problem -- physical or mental
-- and haven't had any answers from your own doctor beyond a prescription,
consider going gluten free.

While it can take a few months for the benefits to fully kick in, many of my
own patients have reported feeling better in weeks or even days.

I recommend working with a holistic medical doctor.