From:
FRAN KNITS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
FRAN KNITS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:05:17 -0800

Hi all,

I just wanted to say thank you. I have enjoyed reading the recipes people have posted.
I hope this can continue. When you find a recipe that makes an difference in the quality of life and is gf that I hope you will remember to post it here on the list.

I know it was overwhelming for me to think of finding an easy way to substitute gf foods for the foods I was now unable to eat. In fact someone just posted to the list how overwhelming she was finding everything. I was diagnosed in April and no longer find it overwhelming. One reason is those peanut butter cookies. I can whip them up with just 3 ingredients i alway have in the house and no longer have to rely on shopping to have a goodie in the house.

Regular food recipes like chicken etc are much easier as i was on the atkins diet prior to being diagnosed so my meals were always gf.

Temari is gluten free and can be found at health foods stores as well as oriental markets and sometimes even in the grocery store.
On our way to eat sushi recently we realized we forgot our temari sauce so we stopped at the local fruit store which in NY invariably means an oriental owner and they had the temari on the shelf!
that's another problem remembering the temari on the way out of the house!

warm regards from freezing NY,
fran