From:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 06:33:13 -0500

   Regarding the message about other diets with a gluten-free diet, I
have been doing Weight Watchers for a long time, but since January I
have been serious about it.  The new Points method allows you to use
real food and real food values on labels to easily calculate the points.
I am continuing to be successful, but that's another story.
        Carol Fenster's cookbooks (www.savorypalate.com) all have food
values, so that special recipes and combination foods can easily be
calculated.
Connie Sarros' cookbook "Gluten Free Wheat Free Reduced Calorie
Cookbook" may give you lower calorie GF choices.  I understand a newly
revised version with food values will be republished in November.  Her
"Wheat-Free Gluten-Free Cookbook for Kids and Busy Adults" does have
food values.
        The Jenny Craig system is usually based on using their food,
which would probably not be gluten free.
        Don't forget to put exercise into your plan -- whatever works
for you and your schedule.
Janet in Houston
Houston Celiac Support Group
www.houstonceliacs.org