From:
Tom Labutta <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Labutta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:49:23 -0500

My college aged daughter was recently diagnosed with CD. We're having trouble obtaining reasonable accomodations for her meals at the dining hall.  She had a face to face meeting with the manager where basic diet guidelines were provided and a good faith effort was made on our daughter's part to come up with suggestions that might work and present minimal disruption for the kitchen. All ideas were met with rebuttals pertaining to why it would be "too costly" or "too difficult".  I have just been told that CD is covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Is this true, and do you have any suggestions on how to present "reasonable accomodations " that will be acceptable for most dining hall services??