From:
Martha Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Martha Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 2009 21:17:22 -0700

Thank you all for your responses.  I must say i am now confident about eating tef.  I have a 2 page list from the CSA/USA on grains dated '1991' .... I think it is about time I update as it is stated that tef is NOT recommended for celiacs.
Again, I thank you, and I will think of you all while I eat my pizza!!  Martha

Hope all this comes thru legibly !!

Tef is gluten free.  Even CSA/USA, one of the most 'conservative' of the national organizations considers it acceptable.  It is related to millet.
Teff is a gluten free flour.
Tef flour (other spelling: teff) is gluten free. You would still need to ensure that the restaurant is aware of cross-contamination which is really big in pizza places.
Tef (I spell it with two fs - teff) is related to millet and is gluten free!
Teff is gluten free. I can assure you of that since I'm ultra sensitive. I think it's the closest thing I can find to the taste of wheat.
Yes, Teff is safe
Teff is naturally gluten free, has always been gluten free and will always be gluten free It never needed to be cleared to be gluten free.
Tef has been cleared since I have been volunteering with the Gluten Intolerance Group since before 1988. You might go to their website www.guten.net, click on Resources, then on Educational Materials to see the publication Quick Start Diet Guide. You may be missing out on a lot of new approved flours
I have been eating teff wraps from our green grocer for the last year - they are gf and taste good!
Teff is approved as gf and has a wonderful nutty taste and lots of fiber.
Looks like teff is gluten free for us  - see this:
Teff has always been GF as long as I know.  It is one of the more nutritional grains we can eat.
It is and it has.  :)
Tef (or Teff) is very definitely gluten free.  It has a nice nutty flavor.  I've been able to find teff tortillas in my local market as well as my health food store.  They are terrific for wraps.  Enjoy.
Yes Teff is gluten free.  I mix a little w/all of my gf flour mixes.  It's a nutritious, higher protein flour used in ethiopia.
saw your posting on the celiac board.
My understanding is that pure Teff IS gluten free. but pure teff is
hard to find because of processing contamination. not to mention most
places that make teff bread or other teff containing products use
wheat flour in the recipe.
good luck!
It is listed on my original diet papers as being GF from when I was diagnosed 26 years ago.  It is a grass I believe, not a grain.  I like it in pancakes and cereals – not too much though!
Teff is GF, it came out about 5 years ago?
yes it is safe.  enjoy the pizza
Teff is safe.  I make wonderful teff muffins from a recipe in one of my GF cookbooks

*******
*******