Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:59:59 -0500

Thanks to all who responded with ideas for a beer substitute in the
"Bloomin' Onion" recipe.  Here is what I have received from the creative
minds of fellow celiacs:

Hard Jack cider isn't a bad substitute -- it's not exactly the same but in a
recipe I bet the difference would hardly be noticeable.  Des

Use club soda or ginger ale!  What you really need are the bubbles.  Lynn

I've read that sparkling water (charged) can be substituted.

Anything bubbly should work: I've seen similar recipes using 7-up or
sparkling water (great for tempura too!). In the spirit of the thing
though, you should use Champagne!  Heidi

I would use gf hard cider and I'm sure it would be fine.
For thousands of gf recipes, go to this other good site:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages   Mireille

Apple cider is often listed as a replacement for beer, so you could try
that.  Probably better than using soda pop, which would make it very sweet.
Becky:)

I decided to try champagne, well, actually, sparkling wine. I think it would
work. Wendy