From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 1995 01:07:25 -0400

Here are some postings on the low-carbohydrate diet that Drs. Richard F and
Rachel F Heller propose to lose weight. They have a carbohydrate addiction
theory. These are their books:

The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet..., 1991
The Carbohydrate Addict's Program for Success (3/93, Penguin ISBN 0452269334)
Healthy for Life..., 3/95

Their diet is gluten-free or close to it. Could these people really be
undiagnosed celiacs or have a related disorder? One of the posts notes how
to get the 29K FAQ on the diet. There is also an active mailing list (which
is noted in the FAQ). I am corresponding with one of the writers, and she is
trying some rice bread to see if it does or does not make her hungry. Don W.