From:
Robin Getz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 08:03:42 -0700

Hi,

Thanks to the many of you who submitted their suggestions to me.    They
are as follows:

- check the Manischewitz website at www.manischewitz.com.  They have a
listing of GF products available.

- Several posters indicated that Empire turkeys are GF and Kosher for
passover. They also have a GF list they are willing to send to
you...Sorry I don't have their mailing address, but many of their
products are also GF during Pesach.

- Many indicated that any fresh and all natural (recently killed)
turkeys are GF.

- one person made an interesting point, he indicated it was more in how
the hostess prepared the turkey that determined whether the turkey would
retain its GF status or not...and to simply inform the hostess that you
need non-gerbrochks products...that is, you cannot have any matzoh,
matzoh meal, matzoh farfel, or cake meal...etc prepared with the foods.

- Kedem Gefilte Fish is GF...double check and make sure there's no matzah
products in it.

- Someone makes  a matzah ball substitute by making potato dumplings
using the Carmel brand potato pancake mix, there's a recipe on the box
for this.

- fresh fruits and vegetables are great for GF folks...

- Many pointed out that Pesach (Passover) is the best time to be on a GF
diet since wheat and its derivatives are forbidden, so it is often
easier to be GF and find GF products...(this, I believe depends on
regionality and availability of certain products...I would think this
would hold truer for cities like New York, Chicago, LA, etc)

If I've overlooked any suggestions, please forgive me, it has been an
incredible week and my mind is fried...

Thanks again to everyone who helped out here.

Robin in CO, USA