From:
Rene' Delehanty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 09:25:25 +0000

Hi all. I had foot surgery on both feet about 2 months ago and the
healing process is taking much longer than my podiatrist imagined. I had
sections of bone removed from both of my little toes due to bone spurs
and have only been able to wear sandals since then. Unfortunately it was
raining and snowing here yesterday and I had to walk to work in my
sandals and thick wool socks! Even after two months my toes are still
swollen and tender to the touch and I still have to keep them wrapped in
the bandages or they swell so much I can't walk!

My question is this: does anyone know if the slow healing process (the
Dr.thought it would take about 2 or 3 weeks tops) could be because of
CD? It is very frustrating (and somewhat depressing) to have to wear
sandals--especially in this cold weather!

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can "speed up" this slow
healing process? I'd love to be able to at least wear boots this winter
so I don't get frostbite on my feet!

--
Rene' Delehanty, editorial assistant/production coordinator
University Publications