From:
Terri Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:29:43 -0800

  I am writing to ask a question about my sister and her pregnancy, to see if what is going on could be related to Celiac. I have Celiac Disease, and she did get blood work done to test for Celiac, but the tests came back that she does not have it (doctor told her 99 percent chance no). She did not get the biopsy done though.

  My sister is pregnant for the first time. She had a lot of difficulty getting pregnant and underwent invitro several times to make it happen. She is now about six months along, has hardly gained any weight and has a few problems. First she has an enlarged lymph node in her neck that she got a biopsy. Looks like it is sarcoidosis (I did research online and saw that there could be some relationship to Celiac). Next her baby is VERY small, in the 10th percentile of where he should be. She has been having difficulty eating, everything makes her sick (throw up), esp. carbs she said. The doctors are not sure why the baby is so small, I guess they are going to try to do more tests to find out.

  I have suggested that she try going gluten-free, but she thinks that this would cause her to gain less weight because of restricting her diet. She did mention to her doctor about Celiac, but he basically ignored it completely. She said she will ask about it again.

  I would appreciate any insights that any of you may have.

  Thank you,
  Terri