From:
Linda Ostrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 21:05:43 EDT

Hi Friends -

I'm very sorry to report that there is no good news on the hard cider
front!!!  I didn't get that many responses and most of those just requested
that I summarize!!  The few remaining said "forget about it!!!".  There is no
beer substitute - I knew that - still don't want to accept it.!!!  One person
said that she drinks Hornsby's Amber Hard Cider and another said that
Woodchuck's the best - it's the driest.  One person said that she had checked
out all of the ciders for her son and found that they all contained caramel
so they weren't gf according to her standards.  Lastly, a person from Canada
said that he liked the fruit flavored apple ciders - his favorite is peach.
He said that a company named Growers out of British Columbia, distributed
these ciders.

No one could tell me if the brand Hard Core Cider is gf.  I am drinking a six
pack (ever so slowly believe me - cider is just too nasty for words) and I
haven't had any reactions.

So....as far as I'm concerned, I've closed the book on hard ciders.  If I
drink at all, it will be a glass of wine.

Thanks again to all who wrote.

Stay healthy,

Linda - Savannah, GA - USA