From:
Aggi-Rose Reddin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aggi-Rose Reddin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:26:08 -0500

Hi all!
Back in November I posted about digestive enzymes. Your replies were most
helpful & I'm hoping you can help me again:-) To make a long story a bit
shorter, my son's pancreatic enzyme levels [lipase,etc.] were on the low end
of normal & a follow up 72 hr fecal fat test was just above normal [8;
normal<7]so he had another biopsy. Just got the results back today & it's
normal, as was his tripsyn [?] level, which the GI doc said was the only way
to assess pancreatic function [GP had done the other tests]. Also, his tTg
was still high back in Sept. but has not been checked since & I understand
it can take some time to come down. On the plus side,the normal biopsy means
his CD is "under control" *but* he still feels like crap [forgive the

expression!].His symptoms have not changed all Fall - nausea, intermittent
diarhea, constant abdominal pain, brain fog, irritability, fatigue, hungry
but feels worse about 5 minutes after eating. His sinus problems,migraines,
bone pain & achiness are pretty much gone since all dietary changes were
made - more than GF.
What I'm now wondering is:
1.Have any of you had the second biopsy be normal while you were still
symptomatic? If so, what did you do next?
2. For those who use digestive enzymes, was this because your pancreatic
levels were shown to be low, or because it was thought they might help
regardless? I'm prepared to give him enzymes but need more justification
given his pancreas is functioning correctly, according to the GI doc.

We've already had the IgG tests done & his diet has been adjusted
accordingly [since last June], so unless he's developed more intolerances -