From:
Craig Lisa Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lisa Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 2009 21:32:02 -0500

Thank you for the responses to my question of whether or not it is safe to eat the turkey
meat if the turkey has been stuffed.  A very adamant "NO" was the response.  One very
helpful example was to imagine the "meat" while roasting to be like a "tea bag" and that
the gluten would seep through the meat even though not directly touching the outside of the
bird.  Also, the fact that often the stuffing leaks out in small amounts as the turkey is
roasting.  Many other options for a holiday meal was to bake my own turkey breast if
other's wanted a stuffed turkey.  The dangers of eating stuffing from inside the turkey was
also pointed out for problems with bacteria.