From:
Michael MacCartney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael MacCartney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 12:15:37 -0500

Thank all of you for your responses, I never expected so much support!!!

Many many responses indicated that *all* wines in Europe and North America
are GF. Only wines though, watch the spritzers, wine coolers, etc...

Many of you reported that your drink wine frequently and have no problems
with wine, specifically merlot.

Some wines contain sulfites and some people react to this in the wine. Try
organic wines to avoid sulfites, however always check with the manufacturer!

Some people react to the OAK in the barrels the wine ages in.

We all know that bars don't clean glasses well. Perhaps the glass had
contamination from another drink, or perhaps the wash water itself was
contaminated from all the other glasses washed in it.

French Fries

It was suggested that the airport McDonalds may have been too small for
separate friers, or perhaps they are cleaning the oil using the same machine
as is used for the gluten contaminated oil.

It is best to check with each McDonalds, and even if you check, fast food
places are some of the worst when it comes to cross contamination.

So, I am suspecting the fries now, based on the responses, and after
analyzing my reaction further. (I wont gross you out with the details). I
will try some wine again, particularly merlot BUT I will try it at a time
when I haven't eaten any other foods that might be questionable!!!

Thanks for all your support!!!

Regards,

Michael