From:
Sharon McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:01:44 -0700

This is a summary to my question of easy places to eat
in Emeryville, Berkeley or Oakland, CA.  Sorry it took
so long, we got a little busy, but here it is.  I
didn't get many responses but the one copied here was
the most informative.  Thank you all!
Sharon

My two favorite breakfast places in that area are
Betty's Ocean View Dinner on 4th St in Berkeley.
There are no GF flour based items on the menu.  But
the egg dishes are great and cooked in individual
omelette pans. The chicken apple sausages and potatoes
are gluten free, but without the sour cream. I always
ask the server just to make sure. If you are at 4th
Street for lunch, you should be able to get a good
lunch at Cafe Rouge.  Just tell the server you need to
be served gluten free.  My experience there is very
good.  In Emeryville I go to the Doyle Street Cafe,
which is on Doyle Street, off from Powell.  Again, the
flour based items are not GF, but the eggs and
potatoes are very good.    The PF Chang in Emeryville
is a great place for dinner.  But feel free to
experiment at local non-chain restaurants,
particularly those who use the California fresh type
of menu.  I have never found one that did not work to
accommodate a GF diet.  If you want a grand brunch on
the weekend, or a very high quality lunch or dinner,
try Garibaldi's on College. It is generally an Italian
restaurant, and you will not be able to eat the pasta,
but there is so much more on the menu and in their
daily specials. It is a very good place to eat.  I
have eaten many times at these places and never had a
problem.  The wait staff has been knowledgeable and
the cook staff accommodating. At Garibaldi's I was
once told, tell me what you want; If we have it I will
cook it for you.

****

Hi..if you want to drive to Davis, which is about 1
hour from you,on the way to Tahoe, we have a full on
gluten, dairy free gourmet cafe.  See
  http//www.naturalfoodworks.com

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs