From:
Chris Fichter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Fichter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 2015 13:36:27 -0500

This past weekend our annual Sugar Cane Festival took place.  It is a big deal in our small city of New Iberia, La. as it marks the beginning of the Sugar Cane harvest, the largest locally grown crop in our Parish.

It is also the official beginning of Fall. In fact, we have had a few cool fronts start moving through our area and there is no doubt, Fall is in the air.

I really love this time of year, not for the water fowl hunting, which is a major pass time around here, but for the great foods that I know will start being made, food we don't cook in the summer, because it is too hot to enjoy it.

This time of year we start cooking serious stuff, like pork roasts, duck gumbos, fried turkeys plus all the other great stuff that goes along with it, like creamy gravies, wonderful fall vegetable casseroles, and favorable rice side dishes.

I'm not going to do a hard sell this month, just want to mention to you to be sure to have our Hol Grain Gravy Thickener on hand and our Hol Grain Brown Rice Bread Crumbs or our KONRIKO Wild Pecan rice, to make all your special dishes just that much more special.

Like all the products we make here at America's Oldest Operating Rice Mill (we're 103 years young), everything is Certified Gluten Free, Verified NON GMO and Star K Kosher. All of our products are made from simple, pure ingredients, no chemical sounding ingredients allowed in our old rice mill!

We are just mailing out our new KONRIKO Company Store Catalog, our 35th Edition. If you would care to receive one drop us a line and we will mail you one free of charge. You can also see our great products and enjoy some of our unique recipes on line at www.konriko.com.

Pay special attention to our 28oz Bag of Long Grain Brown rice as we have recently lowered the price on line and in the catalog.  We also will have monthly specials online on our Quigg’s Yellow Rice Mix and other items.

Warmest Regards from deep in the heart of Cajun Country,

Mike Davis

Keeper of the Key

Conrad Rice Mill, Inc.

*******