From:
Meredith Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 00:11:37 EST

I wanted to respond and summarize about my blood test results for celiac. It
seemed most of you thought I should have more tests done, since my doctor
failed to do a lot of the standard tests for diagnosis. Everyone agreed that
the tests have a high percentage of being incorrect and that, the fact that I
was mostly gluten free would definitely effect the results. Those that
thought I should get these tests, most also reccomended I find someone else
to see, who is more knowledgable. I still did not hear any names from any
people in the area of specific doctors, so i will try to look up some myself.
  A small percentage of you thought I should just be satisfied knowing that
it seems like I probably have had celiac all my life, and not attempt a
diagnosis. Below I categorized the responses for you:

those that said gluten free effects test results and high possibility they
are wrong:10
I should get a second opinion:7
I should just stay on diet because it makes me feel better:3
I should get tests for malapsorption,and or biopsied and or tested for low
IgA level in blood:8
It's my personal decision whether or not to get second opinion and biopsied
and tested for malapsorption:2

Thank you all for your stories on your experiences and your advice. I really
appreciate it, being only 22 and out in the "real world" for the first year
entirely on my own.

I wish you all good health!

Meredith