Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 11:39:08 EST

     My 77 year old mother has been on the gf diet for a month.  This is no
thanks to her doctor that said she couldn't have cd "very bad" since she
wasn't emaciated.  She had had bad diarrhea for over 25 years that she had to
finally be hospitalized for last month.  I am a medically diagnosed celiac
with dh as my main symptom.  Anyway, she also had pain in one leg so bad that
she had started using a cane to get around.  She didn't need it as soon as she
started the diet.  Her leg still bothers her if she does something strenuous
like rake leaves or shop for an extended period.  She had a bone density test
a few months ago that came back "low normal" so I assume she doesn't have
osteoporosis.  Does anyone know what might be causing the leg pain and how
long it might be before it totally goes away?
   Thanks,
      Barb is Springfield, Ohio, USA