Date:
Wed, 29 May 1996 12:12:02 -0500

Subject: RESPECT

I have a lot of respect for Drs. Joe Murray and Alessio Fasano. I haven't
much admiration for many professionals.

Everytime I join a new Celiac group or subscribe to a Celiac Publication, I
seem to get the same message. The message is that Celiacs must do their own
research on Celiac Disease and make up  informative, educational packets for
Doctors and Dietitians. This is so they will know how to care for us. Very
confusing!

I will probably never quit questing and questioning. Today I have a new
inquiry.

If wheat, oats, barley and rye cause our villi to flatten, has any research
ever been done to see if any foods, onions, whatever, can reverse the
process? It seems like such a definite possiblity,and more positive than
just eliminating foods, I can't help wondering.

Looking forward to seeing many of you at the CSA conference in Irving, TX in
October. Until I find some answers, I will avoid the "no-nos' diligently.
AMS