From:
John Day <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:50:14 -0500

Greetings!

When my doctor told me to recently to take an 81mg of aspiring daily, I e-mailed the Bayer Co. as I couldn't find aspirin on my regular website,
glutenfreedrugs.com. (I have problems trying to use the delphi site, so I've given up on it.) I'd like to share with you the answer I received.

Thank you for contacting Bayer HealthCare regarding BAYER(r) Aspirin.  We appreciate your interest in our product.

We do not add any gluten to our products.  However, we cannot guarantee that our products are 100% gluten-free due to the fact that we do receive raw materials from outside vendors, and these vendors are subject to change.

Comments such as your own help us meet the growing needs of our consumers.  I certainly will share them with our Regulatory, Medical and Marketing departments for consideration.

Sincerely,

Jacqueline Longo
Consumer Relations Representative

Has anyone had any problems taking the 81mg Bayer Aspirin?  At a Healthy Villi meeting today in MA, I got info that Ecotrin(r) safety coated enteric aspirin is gluten, lactose, and soy free, but the list  doesn't mention the 81mg. tablet. Any suggestions?

I would appreciate information on the gluten-free status of some of the meds I am taking. I have tried researching these, but have had no luck.  Does anyone out there know if Systane eye drops (over the counter) and the prescriptions Axert and Valtrex are gluten-free? I have the option of going on Ibuprophen instead of Bextra or Celebrex, but on the site I use, I found Ibuprophen Phar. Formulations as being gluten-free. I don't know what this means. A compounding pharmacy is needed?

I'm heading for Florida very soon and would really appreciate some help with these questions.

Thanks for all your help in the past.

Kathie-Ann
Celiac in NH