From:
Alexandra Stroud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 10:04:21 -0500

First, from some of the posts I am getting the idea that chlorine bleach is
not OK to use on clothes?  This may be a question that I should know the
answer to but, it's not?

Second, how do I get a copy of the Shopping guide that is being referred to?

Third, I have been on the gluten free diet for three years.  I was tested
because I had what I thought was a terrible flu and happened to mention
that I've always been anemic.  After reading a lot of the posts I'm
wondering if I'm being militant enough about my diet.  Most of the time I
feel perfectly fine.  Occasionally (once every three or four months) I get
sick (diarrhea etc) regardless of whether I've eaten something questionable
and I've always assumed this was because of stress(why I think the symptoms
appeared so strongly in the first place, I was diagnosed at 26).  But some
of the "little" symptoms occasionally still apply to me: tingling in my
feet, occasional dizziness, and recently a catch in my throat (is this a
symptom?)  I haven't been rechecked since that first year but after reading
these posts I'm thinking that I should.

Anyway, I guess my question is to ask for some insight.  My diet has not
been that difficult for me to adhere to.  I've always preferred rice over
pasta and love vegetables but I've never given much thought to pesticides
or chlorine bleach or the minimal gluten I might ingest in the occasional
restaurant salad dressing.

I hope this doesn't sound too flip to those of you who react strongly to
any and all gluten that you eat.  My apologies if it does.  If anyone can
offer any insight please let me know
Sandi Stroud
New Orleans