From:
Valerie dejongh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie dejongh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 13:10:24 -0500

Hi again;

Here is the recipe I used for GF gingerbread people.

1/2 C Shortening
2 1/2 C GF Flour ( I used Bette Hagman Four FLour Blend)
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C dark molasses
1 egg
1 TB vinegar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp xantham gum

In mixing bowl, beat shortening with mixer on med for 30 seconds. Add about
half of the called for flour, all sugar, molasses, egg, vinegar, b.powder,
ginger, b. soda, cinnamon, and cloves.  Beat till combined.  Add in
remaining GF flour and add xantham gum. Beat till combined.  COVER and
CHILL for 2-3 hours or till easy to handle.  (we let ours chill overnight)

Once chilled divide the dough in half to work with, leaving remainder in
refrig. Lightly flour work surface with GF flour, and roll dough to 1/8
inch in thickness. (anything too thin will overcook and be too crisp). Use
desired cut-outs. Place 1 inch apart on lightly GREASED cookie sheet.  Bake
at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes, or till edges are lightly brown.  Let cool
on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to wire rack to cool.

Frost and enjoy!

Yield= 36 cookies

PS. I received about 20 different renditions of a typical gingerbread
recipe, but I don't know how to paste them all to the listserve!  Sorry-