Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 03:38:13 +0000

I went to Olive Garden today (it was part of "Dine for America," a national fundraising effort to support the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund and other hurricane relief efforts) and told the host that I was on a special gluten free diet and in the past had spoken to the manager about what I could eat.  He said he would get me a menu.  I was surprised and he brought me a sheet with gluten free selections.  It was by no means extensive but certainly a long way from 1 1/2 years ago when I emailed them about eating there and they told me in the interest of my health that it wasn't safe to eat there at all.  But recently have had good luck talking to the manager.

On the menu there was regular and Caesar salad without croutons and for entrees they had (which are actually from their dinner menu).  The prices are from the website - they were not on the GF menu.  It was a little pricing for lunch.

Pork Filettino
Grilled pork tenderloin marinated in extra-virgin olive oil and rosemary. Served with Tuscan potatoes and bell peppers.  15.75
Herb-Grilled Salmon
Salmon filet brushed with Italian herbs and extra-virgin olive oil. Served with seasoned broccoli. 14.95
Tuscan T-Bone
Grilled 18 oz choice T-bone brushed
with Italian herbs. Served with Tuscan
potatoes and bell peppers.  19.25
I picked the pork dish.  I should have just ate 1/2 but ate it all and must have misjudged the carbs because my blood sugar shot sky high later.  Do you think it would be too much to ask for carb counts too?  LOL

Laurie
Illinois
This Olive Garden is in Vernon Hill, IL  I don't know if other ones have the same thing.  There was a disclaimer on the menu.