From:
Stephen Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephen Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:46:36 -0600

Recently on this list I noted in part:

If there is really Celiac disease the avoidance of wheat
must be very stringent and follow up testing includes checks of
antibody levels yearly, as well as surveillance for diabetes, thyroid
disease, neuropathy, lymphoma, and other autoimmune disease

And a reader replied:

I am very impressed with this statement.  17 years of celiac and other
autoimmune illness and I was never watched for diabetes and thyroid
disease.
I had to ask and ask again to please test me and sure enough I have
Type 1
Diabetes (at age 47) and thyroid disease. I just had my first antibody
level
checked after 17 years.   Wish I would have had a doctor like you.

So I said:

Go to my web site www.napervillegi.com/celiac and read the tutorial and
print out the cheat sheet.  Give them both to your.  It is a very
efficient apprach for a doc to get up to speed on Celiac issues.

Steve Holland, M.D.
Naperville, IL