From:
Maioranoj <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 23:13:26 EST

It's only been two days, but I've gotten so many replies from so many
wonderful people.  There are obviously celiac sufferers who have
complications with candida.  Helpful suggestions included:

1. Digestive enzymes - Country Life Extra Strength Pancreatin - 3-4 tablets
with each meal plus one or two with a snack.

2. Various internet sites
      http://member.aol.com/docdarren/med/candida.html  (I've been there
before, it's excellent
      http://teleport.com/~ctseng/cfs_pages/index.html (more about candida - I
havn't tried this one yet
      http://www.panix.com/~paleodiet/  ( I have read some of the archived
stuff, but I have now subscribed to the paleofood list)

3.  Try other antifungals - Lamisil, caprylic acid, garlic, other natural
stuff
      a caution about gluten free status of nystatin  (my son uses capsules
made with pure powder, not the liquid form.  Supposed to be "clean")

4.  Work with a good allergist, take the Elisa test for food allergies  (We
have two allergists, one regular, and one alternative medicine.  The second is
trying to convince my son to try a new desensitization program called EPD,
(enzyme potentiated ) but my son is reluctant because it is experimental.  Has
anyone heard of it?

5.  get the "gut permeability" test.  (Our alternative doctor in NY wants him
to do that next if he doesn't improve by our next visit.

I'll submit more responses as I get them.

Thanks to everyone!!
Janice