From:
Caroline Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 1997 08:12:53 +1200

Hello Everyone,

Thanks to all who have responded I really appreciate the suggestions and
support.

I received responses from the US, Canada and England as well as Australia
and New Zealand.

Of the 17 responses, nearly everyone suggested in one form or another bands
that go around the wrists that have a plastic or metal ball inside. The
theory is the pressure is placed on a specific point on the wrist which
prevents/alleviates the nausea. Apparently it is used quite a lot during
pregnancy.

My sister had tried the kiwi version of this product. For her it failed. It
was interesting to hear that others have had success. I will certainly try
them for myself should the need arise!

Five people suggested ginger. I thought this was interesting as I had
already found that drinking lemon and ginger herbal tea always helps if I
have a slightly unsettled stomach for whatever reason!

Of the five above, suggestions included ginger beer,  capsules of ginger,
chewing crystallised ginger and  'Blackmores Travel Calm' ginger, available
from Woolworths  or a Chemist.

There were also two responses relating to patches that can be warn. I don't
know if they are available in this part of the world.

I've passed all this on to my sister and she can find out more.

Caroline