From:
Ron Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:22:50 -0500

Recently I made an inquiry to find gluten free restaurants in the West
End Nashville area.  The response was more than adequate.  It
helped a great deal when we looked for a good place to eat.

One listmate listed PF Chang's across from Centennial Park.  Zola's is
 also nearby on West End.  She also listed The Blackstone Brewery
and Baja Fresh in West End.  PF Chang's was the first one we ate at,
and as usual the gluten free menu gave us some excellent choices.
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Select, so we walked to Zola's for supper
 one night.  Unfortunately, we got there 30 minutes before opening
time, and the receptionist told us the chef knew little about preparing
gluten free meals.  We passed this one up.

Another listmate listed the Outback Steakhouse on West End, and also
 the Taste of India just before Baptist Hospital.  We did not get a
chance to go to either.

Another listmate was really sold on the Tin Angel.  Salads to die for,
and the steaks are scrumptious was here recommendation.  We did
eat here, but due to time restraints, had only time for a small steak,
which was well prepared.

Another listmate recommended the "Crab Shack" on second avenue.
He especially was fond of the Outback Steak House in Antioch by
Hickory Hollow Mall, as well as the Outback in Murfreesboro on Old
Fort Parkway.  He also said that the Red Lobster by Hickory Hollow
Mall was very good, and had the GF dinning card displayed in the
kitchen area.

Another listmate said the Sunset Grill just off of 21st Avenue in Hillsboro
 on the other side of Vanderbilt was very good.

I was very pleased with all of the replies.  Several listmates named the
same restaurants in the West End area, as well as some of their
favorites in the other areas.  I have listed all of the places sent to me in
 the hope that it may help someone else if they visit the same area.
This advise was very helpful in helping us pick out a good place to eat
in our limited time their.  I appreciate very much everyone who
responded to my post.

Betty Jackson
Knoxville, TN