From:
Sherene Silverberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sherene Silverberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2007 11:58:42 -0400

A girlfriend sent this to me after I told her about the new Bob's Red
Mill whole grain bread mix.

"we bought a chocolate cake mix and a bread mix from them last week
-- went to use them and they were labeled on the front as gluten-free
but on the back had the labels for the wheat-flour varieties. Bob's
Red Mill isn't sure what happened -- they think the bags are the GF
mix that are mislabeled, but their tests haven't come  back yet, so
it could be the real flour mix that was mislabeled as GF.
If so, they're in for a world of hurt -- apparently it was a lot of
bags that were mislabled, and a lot of people just buy the packages
and go into auto-mode and make it without reading the ingredients,
since they buy it all the time and it says "gluten-free" on the
front. They're sending us a case of chocolate cake mix to make up for
it, but that's a huge, huge error."

I suggest you read the labels very carefully before you buy any Bob's
products until this mix up is fixed.

Sherene