From:
Jonathan Nichols <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 06:44:59 -0500

My original question was if anyone knew of any GF PowerBar type products.

Some listserv members did not know PowerBars contained gluten.  When I called
the company they said "None of our PowerBars are gluten free.  The only GF
product we make is our Power Gel".

Many people recommended Luna GLOW bars.  Note, this is not the regular Luna
Bar, it is new on the market.  I found it at Trader Joes.  I called the co.
and confirmed that it is GF.

Here are other suggestions (please note that I did not have time to confirm
that all of these products are GF):

 Ener-g granola bars (www.ener-g.com)

 Tiger's Milk Bar

TruFruit natural fruit bars (www.healthlivingfoods.com)

Omega Smart bar (www.omegasmartbar.com)

For endurance athletes - GU gel or Clif shots

Organic Food bar (Whole Foods)

Atkins Advantage bars (Choc. Decadence and Almond Brownie)

Atkins Morning start bars (Apple Crisp and Blueberry bars)

ANDI bars

Natures Path Organic Crispy Rice Bars

Reeses Fast Break

Hansen's Power Smoothies (canned energy drink)

Thanks for your input.
-Susie