From:
Susan Pieper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Pieper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2009 22:33:57 -0700

No, the two are not related!

First, I'd like to praise Carol for her tome--1000 Gluten-Free Recipes.
I first bought it out of loyalty to her, figuring there wasn't really
anything useful to me in it, but have come to really look forward to
finding another treasure within its pages. Recently I have needed
recipes for several different things, and have found them all in THE
BOOK. Tonight I had a crazy thought to make bread bowls for stew -- and
she has a recipe! So, once again, Carol, you've hit a home run here in
New Mexico.

Now for the Walmart story. Two or three weeks ago I noticed g-f pasta in
one of our Walmart stores. Yesterday I turned around from looking at the
olive oil and saw that there was a full top-to-bottom section of g-f
items from the big-name manufacturers, such as Bob's Red Mill (even
xanthan gum), Tinkyada, Glutino (even the pretzels!), Lundberg (rice
chips), and the Gluten-Free Pantry. There were no Ener-g products, but
here were many empty spaces on the shelves, It looks like these products
were noticed by a lot of other people before I got there. I plan to
write a letter to the manager commending him for this. I

Is this a national trend that I don't know about, or is our store
manager just extremely with it? Whatever the case, that was truly an
amazing find!

Susan Pieper
Las Cruces, NM

*******