From:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:54:28 -0500

Hi!  Last night 9 of us got together for the first time at Wolfgang Puck's
Express restaurant in Charlotte, NC.  It was incredibly wonderful! The food
was great, safe and we all had so much to share- so much to ask!! We all
had different CD experiences from conditions, diagnosis, adjusting, etc.
If we didn't have other responsibilities pulling us away, we would have
talked all night! As you already know from this site, you can learn so much
from others but face to face is even more comforting!

I write this to say, if your area does not have a support group or a very
active group then don't get discouraged! Simply post a message on this site
asking if there's anyone in your area that would like to meet. It's that
simple and even if you don't get immediate responses, try again! That's
what I did and from there it took just a few emails back and forth.  We
were all looking for the same thing!

Our support group decided to meet each month at a different restaurant. We
want to educate restaurants in the Charlotte area while we continue to
share with and support each other. It's a WIN - WIN situation!!

Warm Regards, Janet