From:
"Thorn, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thorn, Michael
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 11:43:38 -0500

Our first meeting of the new year will be on Tuesday, Jan. 6 at 7:30 pm at
HomeCare America in West Islip.

Part of this meeting will be focused around bread.  One of the most commonly
asked questions is "what kind of bread is good; the one most similar to
wheat bread?"  I still don't have an answer.  There are a large variety of
GF breads out there, some good and some that should be used for door stops.

\We thought this would be a good way to sample different types.  I would bet
that with ten different people, we would have ten different breads.  This
way we can sample them without having to spend $5 to $7.00 per loaf and end
up throwing it out.  Who knows, you just might find a new "favorite."

If you can, please bring your favorite bread (either purchased or home made)
to the meeting and we will do a bread sampling.  This will be a great
opportunity to try different brands and recipes.  There will be some peanut
butter and jelly there for a true test.  If you can't bring anything with
you, please don't let that stop you from coming to the meeting.  Everyone is
welcome.

See you Tuesday.

Barbara Pepitone

Suffolk County Celiacs