From:
Tgerlily <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 20:30:26 EDT

Howdy folks!  I've learned a lot from our collaboration about the type of
"unforeseen" health problems that can ensue from our lovely blessing of CD.  I
have one more question to toss to your collective mind to see what we can come
up with.  For about two years I've had problems with fluid retention in my
left foot.  They call it an "edema."  That basically means that it is swollen
and nothing helps.  Occasionally my fingers swell up, and I do think that it
affects my face/legs, as well.  They did an ultrasound on my legs last summer
and found that there is a little vascular sluggishness--but nothing hugely
notable.  I also had to wear these awful vascular stockings all winter.
Nothing seems to help--not ibuprophen, herbal remedies (like that Venestat
stuff), the stockings, drinking a lot of water, elevating it, bandaging, etc.
I am getting really desperate!  I hate feeling so "puffy," considering that I
work out all the time, and I think this impedes my performance.  Has anyone
had a similar problem??  Please let me know!

Jessica in Indy