From:
diana l bramlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 1998 12:51:03 -0500

I am a very active/athletic (bodybuilding, rock climbing, rollerblading,
etc...)  female and would very much appreciate some advise from other
athletes with cd.  I have been gluten free for almost 9 months now and doing
great as far as that goes.  My problem is finding the correct foods for my
activity level and body fat.  Before going gf, keeping my body fat down was
not a problem, but know I am struggling with it.  The complex carbs available
for someone with cd (that are so important for an active person) are very
starchy and high on the glycemic index.  (I'm having more trouble with
hypoglycemia since going gf.)  I seem to live on Think bars and Met Rx these
days.  If there is anyone out there that has been able to tackle this problem
I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.  Sorry for such a long post!

Diana in Washington