From:
ROSALIE JALBERT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 16:09:32 EST

If you speak to the pastor, you may be able to use a rice cracker as we
do here in RI.  Especially with First Communion which is such a wonderful
event!  If you take information on the disease to the pastor (or if you
are more friendly with one of the priests), you can make arrangements.
As for the wine, if the host has been dipped in it, it is contaminated.
We have even arranged to have a separate wine.  It can be done very
unobtrusively.  By the way, we have a nun in our group with CD and she
carries her own wine to church and has no problems.  Since we are an
Irish/Italian Catholic state, this problem is very prevalent.  I have had
no one tell me that it couldn't be done.  Our bishop also finds it very
interesting that so many of "his people" have this disease.
Rosalie