Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 20:11:11 -0500

hi. Have to share these, they are cute and fun:
Chocolate Reindeer
1c butter
1 1/2c butter
1/2c unsweetened cocoa powder
2t cream of tartar
1t baking soda
1/2t salt
3 eggs
1t vanilla
3 1/4c flour (I used white rice and sweet rice flours)
72 small pretzel twists
72 m & m's
36 small red gumdrops (other colors are OK)

Beat butter on medium to high for 30 seconds.  Add the sugar, cocoa powder, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.  Beat until combined.  Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.  Beat in flour.  Divide dough into 6 sections. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until dough is easy to handle.

On lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 6 inch circle.  Cut each circle into 6 (I made 8 per circle so I needed more antlers etc.) wedges. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. For antlers, lightly press pretzels into the upper corners of each triangle. Press in m & m pieces for eyes.  For a nose, press a gumdrop about 1/2 inch up from the bottom point.

bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm. Do not overbake. Let cool.

Bear Mountains

Make your favorite brownie recipe except instead of baking into squares, drop dough by spoonfulls onto a cookie sheet and bake till done.  As soon as the brownie cookies are out of the oven, place a Hershey kiss in the center of each one.
Let cool. When cool, (this takes a while), place a dollop of white icing on the top of the kiss and place a gummi bear on the top of the icing.

6 years ago I was in tears because I could not make my son any Christmas cookies for his first GF Christmas.  Now, we are having a great time with lots of special cookies for the holidays.

Happy Holidays!!! Clare MA