From:
"Mark S. & Elizabeth R. Crone" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 17:39:41 -0500

Dear listmates,

We have just received this e-mail concerning the GF status on the L.B.
Jamison flavor bases.  I called the company and ask them to put into
writing what they had stated to my husband and I earlier this month:
that their flavor bases were GF.  Below is the e-mail they sent:

"I have checked with the facility at which we produce our soup bases.
We use only modified corn starch, which does not contain any gluten.
Although it would be highly unlikely, we cannot guarantee their would be
no contamination from incidental sources.  I apologize for the delay in
my response, but I wanted to make sure we thoroughly investigated the
situation.  Thank you so much for your question please feel free to
contact to us if you have any further questions."

Mark has not had any reactions to the flavor bases that I have been
using from the company, but then again, that's just him!!!!!!!!!
  Liz Crone