From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:42:59 -0500

Thanks to all of you who recommended where to eat, we had a splendid day.
Since we took the Greyhound bus into the city, we started walking from 42nd and 8th Ave, and headed for O'Lunney's on 46th, near Broadway. Early lunch (11am) was very affordable. I had broiled salmon... despite instructions, it arrived with a sauce on it. They were willing to get me another piece, but suspecting they'd only rinse off my piece, I questionned the ingredients of the sauce and it seemed safe. Since the place was still empty, we were served quickly and had plenty of time to walk around (and then warm up in the 8th floor lobby of the Marriott Marquis).
Continued walking up to 49th St. to see "Chicago"...loved it. Crossed Broadway, still on 49th Street to Playright Tavern/Restaurant for early dinner. They gave me a gluten-free sirloin steak, steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes and but they stuck an unidentified potato chip in the mashed potatoes. I scooped the whole top off and didn't ask for a replacement....I keep forgetting to remind restaurants that I don't get the extra frills like cornbread, muffins, breaded onion rings, etc...or their homefried chips that they stick on the plates...not listed on menu. It's the unexpected decorations that get us.
Otherwise, worked out well and we can't wait to go back.
Beware dieters! Hersheys chocolate has a retail store on the northern end of Times Square. It took all my willpower not to go in there and buy a stash for the ride home!
Thanks again....Lin