Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 10:03:41 +0000

Stuart wrote:  Now if people trying to lose weight would look at
donuts the same way I do, maybe they'd have less trouble with their
diets.

Stuart: This is a common misconception with diabetes- that they can not
eat "sugar", ie donuts. A plate of rice & veggies can put a diabetic's
blood sugar dangerously high. I had no idea that carbohydrates are just
as much "sugar" as sweets, because the system converts them into sugar.
You can see how cutting back dramatically on rice & corn products poses
a problem for a person with Celiac Sprue. It can be done- it's just
quite the challange.

I had the notion that a vegetarian meal such as rice & steamed veggies,
was about as healthy as you can get. It is healthy, but the portion size
must be addressed.

Forget donuts...... GF bread & carbs can be the problem area.

Re; the Pamela's products.......
I have not had a problem with reactions- but some items are so
delicious, I have to wonder what the nutritional values are......

How come no nutrition facts on many items of her product line?

Fran