From:
Barbara Wojcik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barbara Wojcik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 18:24:29 -0500

The Candlelight Inn in Napa California was a wonderful place to stay while visiting the wine country last week.  I had searched the archives to locate a GF-friendly place to stay, and came across this one; however when I called I discovered that the inn has changed ownership.  The new owner assured me that she could provide gluten-free breakfasts during our 3 night stay.  I was thrilled with their signature banana pancakes (made with Pamela's GF mix) and French Toast (Ener-g bread).  Eggs were made to order (substituted for the quiche), and fresh orange juice and fresh fruit was served every morning. The rooms are charming and the service was top-notch.  The owner must be Martha Stewart's cousin; perfectly charming setting and decor.
I have no personal interest in this business (other than wanting to see a deserving business succeed!).  Their website is www.candlelightinn.com (the pancakes are pictured on their site).  We celebrated our 25th anniversary here, and it was perfect!

(The location is great too; just off of highway 29, close to downtown and easy to get to all the wineries.)

Regards,
Barbara
White Bear Lake, MN