From:
Littlelaci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 10:51:04 EDT

On 4/22/98 6:26 PM, [log in to unmask] said:

>He also stated that, regardless of what we might be told,
>there are "no" prescription drugs on the market that can be
>guaranteed gluten free.  (Snip)
>So, where do we go from here?

Tell him the life threatening potential of this situation and ask for a
list of the suppliers for that product, that you can check their
ingredients.  Obviously, one could also ask him to check them, but I
prefer to deal with these matters first hand.  If he will not provide
such a list, ask him to contact the resource companies for you and check
the frequency and likelihood of his company changing suppliers.  From any
company that provides an answer, send a fax to the individual care of the
company, recapitulating the information they have provided, asking them
to fax back any corrections if they are necessary.  Be sure to get and
maintain a record from the fax machine confirming the document you sent,
date and to whom.  Sometimes in writing in this situation, the company
representative gets a bit more meticulous about what they have said, if
it is necessary, since this is a legal document.

If this fails to get a result, or if the answer is taking to long,
contact the prescribing doctor, let them know the situation, if the
company has hesitated to help, be sure and let him know, ask him to
pressure the company given his position in the matter, and fax him a copy
of his answer to confirm it, if it has been that the Rx is GF.
Otherwise, ask him to find another companies version, or another product,
or other resources on the chemistry, such as his local representative or
contact from the company.

LittleLaci