Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 21:24:43 -0500

Imagine my surprise when a co-worker ran into my office today to tell me they
were discussing gluten sensitivty on the radio-WLPJ in NYC. They hold these
contest where they let people write letters trying to win the contest for a
free medical or other procedure. Last month was a contest for matching butt
tattoos for valentines day and this month is for a new procedure to have a
vasectomy. Well, someone wrote or called in saying they would like to win
because his wife has been very  ill from a condition called gluten
sensitivity in addition to being diabetic and a variety of other health
conditions that run in her family. The radio Deejay then started discussing
the items one must avoid due to gluten and his co deejay was saying how he
could never imagine giving those items up.

I always get a bout of excitement when I hear our condition mentioned
mainstream and figured I'd share the thought. Perhaps it was even one of our
group members from the list???

Best Regards,
Leslie-NYC