From:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 06:57:02 -0600

An editor of the Houston Chronicle asked me out for lunch to "pick my
brain" a few months ago.  She wanted to write an article about how hard
it is to go out to eat in a restaurant when you have food allergies and
gluten intolerance.  I have been waiting and waiting for the article and
finally it was published today in the Dining Guide section of the paper.

You can access it today by going to the following website:
 http://www.newsdirectory.com/go/?f=&r=tx&u=www.chron.com.  Or  go to
www.houstonchronicle.com; click on Lifestyle & Features, then Dining
Guide. Then click on "Allergies Make Dining Tricky" under the picture.
You can access a printer-friendly format to copy the article.  I'm not
sure why in the resources the editor says "Spruce" in CSA's name; I
certainly gave her enough information with the correct spelling.
 Anyway, the article will make interesting reading.  I even found a new
restaurant to investigate myself that the editor found.  With the
inclusion of my name and phone number, I expect more celiacs to come out
of the woodwork!   Such fun!

Janet Rinehart, Houston CSA chapter chairman
Former President, CSA/USA, Inc.