From:
Cherry Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 10:26:41 EDT

Hi list,  Guess I am stressed out since I pressed the "send now" key before
writing any message.  Apologies.

Question:  Has anyone had problems with heavy cream?  All of the brands sold
around here (northeast) list cream, less than 0.2% of mono & diglycerides,
carrageenan, polysorbate 80, cellulose gum (guar gum) as emulsifiers &
stabilizers.  I've been experiencing some celiac-like symptoms lately (I
added heavy cream to my cake icing), and wondered if the cream was the cause.

2nd question:  Has anybody experienced celiac symptoms when going through a
particularly stressful period?  I've been dealing with aging parent problems
over the past couple of months (won't go into details, but it's been pretty
bad) and  my insides are a mess - cramps, diarrhea, etc.  Am also having
trouble sleeping.  Have been back and forth to CA (my parents live there -
I'm in NJ) a couple of times.  I'm very careful about my diet (of course
travelling is always difficult), but even at home things  have been bad.  I
just wondered if I should attribute my problems to stress and not imagine
something else happening internally.

I'd appreciate any help on these issues - and will summarize if appropriate.
Thanks.

Cherry Marshall