From:
Amy Jerreat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 1996 08:06:10 -0400

On Mon, 6 May 1996, Margaret Doyle wrote:

> The other brother had the same HLA string but a comment was added
> "He does not have the HLA A1, B8 combination usually found in Irish
> celiacs".
>
> What is the significance of the HLA comment? (We are Irish by the way).

This is another mention of 'Irish' in connection with Celiacs.  Another
post mentioned that Ireland had the highest incidenced in the world.
Can anyone tell me why?  Is it that their grain consumption is higher
than the rest of the world?

Being of Irish descent I am wondering if it is a gene factor.

Any help will be appreciated.

Amy